Privacy & Security
Hot Topic: Cybersecurity
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines cybersecurity as "measures taken to protect a computer against unauthorized access or attack."
Keep Your Information Secure
Avoid identity theft by keeping your information private. Your personal information is like your financial resume. How can you protect it?
- Don’t carry your social security card in your wallet.
- Check your credit report annually.
- Balance your checking account(s) at least monthly.
- Check your credit card statement(s) at least monthly.
- Shred unwanted documentation that has your private information listed.
- Be familiar with fraudulent scams.
- Think before clicking on links on the internet or in your personal email.
- Limit unwanted phone calls and emails.
- Create hard to crack passwords and don’t share these.
- Avoid oversharing on social media.
Check out more identity theft helpful tips at ftc.gov/idtheft.
Helpful Privacy and Security Website Resources
Try our Cybersecurity crossword puzzle.