Mobile Banking Safety & Security
Oconee State Bank strongly advises all customers utilizing Mobile Banking to adequately safeguard your mobile device. Following the guidelines below in conjunction with adherence to our Mobile Deposit Terms & Conditions will help ensure the safety and protection of your deposited items and bank account.
- Treat your mobile device with the same care as you do your personal computer
- Avoid storing sensitive information like passwords and Social Security numbers on your mobile device
- Password protect your mobile device and lock it when you’re not using it
- Be aware of your surroundings- don’t type any sensitive information if others around you can see
- Protect your phone from viruses and malware by installing mobile security software;
- Regularly download OS updates for your mobile device and apps
- Use discretion when downloading apps to your mobile device
- If your lose your mobile device, let us know immediately by contacting our Virtual Banking Center at 706-769-6611 or by email
- Monitor your bank accounts regularly and report suspicious activity immediately
- Log out of Mobile Banking sessions completely by tapping the Log Out button on your mobile device
For additional Mobile Banking safety & security tips, visit the FDIC's website.