Don't be scammed!
Big Protection. Tiny Chip.
Oconee State Bank VISA® Debit Cards are now available with an added layer of security and fraud protection- an embedded EMV chip that helps prevent counterfeit card fraud on your account. Your current debit card will automatically be replaced with a chip card before your existing card expires. Your chip card will feature a new card number and new PIN, so be sure to update any recurring payments that are tied to your current card.
Once your new Oconee State Bank VISA® Debit Card arrives, activate your new card immediately at an Oconee State Bank ATM by performing a balance inquiry. You can also activate your card in our Online Banking, Mobile Banking, or Telephone Banking systems. Change your PIN anytime at an Oconee State Bank ATM or during regular business hours at any of our branches.
Important Debit Card Safety Tips & Reminders
- Stay up to data on recent data breaches Learn More
- Due to debit card fraud in our local area, at times we have to block signature based transactions at certain merchant types to help keep your account safe. If you are unable to run your card as a "credit", run it as a "debit" and enter your PIN
- Suspend your Oconee State Bank VISA® Debit Card when not in use with our Mobile Banking App
- Traveling? Let us know so we can make a note on your account so that debit card use is not interrupted or flagged as fraud
- Visually inspect Point of Sale terminals and ATMs before inserting or swiping your card to make sure there are no foreign devices on the equipment that could be used to steal your information
- Learn how to protect yourself from fraud Learn More