Top of the page (intentionally goes nowhere)
Documents in Portable Document Format (.PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view. Download it now.
- Date: Write today's date.
- Payee: Write the name of the person or company that you are paying.
- Amount of check in numbers: Write the amount in numbers. Be careful not to leave space between your numbers.
- Amount of check in words: Write the amount of the check in words.
- Name: Your personal information is printed here. Never list your Social Security Number on your printed checks.
- Signature: Sign your check the same way you sign your name on the signature card.
- Memo: Write why you wrote the check. If you are paying a bill, put down any information requested by the company.